On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 03:22:08PM -0600, John Barnette wrote:
> Perl6 RFC Librarian (Today):
> > =head1 TITLE
> > Add C<header> and C<unheader> funtions to core distribution
>
> While I'm not sure if this belongs in the core or not, I think it's nifty,
> and I'd like to point out an almost inevitable side effect.  Knowing well
> the nature of Perl hackers, this function will almost certainly be used
> for non-header tasks such as config files, as the data format used in most
> plaintext headers is both simple and general.  Add comment detection to
> the parsing, f'rinstance, and this is quite similar to a Java Properties
> file.

My first thought was "this should definitely be in a module" and your
comments just fire those synapses even more strongly.

To me core-worthy things must be primitivish.  The idea of colonizing
and s/_/-/g and ucfirst()ing each word and adding newlines or reversing
all of that seems so unprimitive.

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff