I didn't post up jwz's grumblings to kick off Yet Another Java vs Perl
Argument.  Nor did I post it to point out that he's a curmudgeonly
young fart (which he is, but that's not a Bad Thing).  Its there
because he made alot of good points which apply to Perl.

Keep the discussion focused there, on Perl and how we're going to
improve it.  Not on jwz or Java, they're incidental.  Should we put
bignums in the core?  Is it worth the hassle to do
Everything-An-Object?  Macros?  Can we declare it a Design Decision
that scalars are going to be big (to a system programmer's shrunken
eye)?  etc...

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
And it's made from all-natural baby skin, so you know it's good for the