Dan Sugalski wrote:
> I'm not a parser guy by any means (unfortunately) but we have
> the distinct possibility of completely replacing all of the
> parser rules after token X appears, whatever that token might
> be. (Heck, we may have the possibility of replacing the entire
> parser) There's no guarantee the non-perl-6 section will have a
> nice end-delimiter for us to find. Granted that won't be the
> case all the time, but it's certainly quite feasable. We might
> not even be able to rely on perl's definition of a token. (Or
> whitespace for that matter--Whitespace isn't just whitespace in
> python mode)

sounds a lot like an "exec" system call: there are some things
which remain in effect (open file handles, current directory,
environment) but there are many others which do not.  Maybe
switching parsers is best an absolute kind of thing rather than
a stacked kind of thing, with the later parser responsible for
switching back.

--
                      David Nicol 816.235.1187 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                    "Described as awesome by users"