Seems servicable.  Doesn't exactly make me jump up and down, though.

A few nits...

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 11:42:00AM -0700, Nathan Wiger wrote:
> More Details
> ------------
> Ok, if you're still reading, cool. Let's get down to the nitty-gritty.
> Here are some more examples of code:
>
>    Perl 5                        Perl 6
>    ----------------------------- ----------------------------
>    print "Next is " . $i + 1;    print "Next is " + $i + 1;

Two problems.  First, the Perl 5 example is equivalent to:

        print +("Next is " . $i) + 1;

and I don't think that's what you ment.  I think you ment...

        print "Next is " . ($i + 1);

Which brings up a problem.  '"$foo" + $number' is numeric addition.  So
shouldn't '"Next is " + ($i + 1)' be numeric as well since one of the
sides is unquoted?  Probably not what you wanted.

This problem will happen with any complex expression which you can't
easily put quotes around.

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl6 Quality Assurance     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       Kwalitee Is Job One