John Porter wrote:

>Dan Sugalski wrote:
>> The one downside is that you'd have essentially your own private language.
>> Whether this is a bad thing or not is a separate issue, of course.
>
>IIUC, this ability is precisely what Larry was saying Perl6 would have.

I may have my history wrong here, but didn't Ada try that? Super-
flexible, redefinable syntax? And wasn't the result that nobody could
read anybody else's code, so Standards Committees were set up to
define Legal Styles that basically reduced the syntaxes that you could
use to just the One Standard Style?

 Eric J. Roode                                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Senior Software Engineer, Myxa Corporation