On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 05:08:58PM -0400, Dan Sugalski wrote:
>    @foo = ({scalar each %some_tied_hash});
>
> with the function being called only when you access a particular element?

I'm still confused. Firstly, this doesn't involve first-order blocks, which
was kinda what the entire question was about. Secondly, it isn't clear what it
means. "scalar each" in Perl5-think means "return the first element". (Try:
perl -le '%a=(a=>"b", c=>"d"); print while $_ = scalar each %a') Is this not
merely @foo=(keys %some_tied_hash), which should call the tied functions in
the same way? Not a convincing example, I'm afraid.

--
The problem with big-fish-little-pond situations is that you
have to put up with all these fscking minnows everywhere.