On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 01:25:51PM +0200, Bart Lateur wrote:
> There must be some reason why a language like Sather isn't more popular.
> I think that iters are part of the problem.

That smacks of the Politician's Syllogism:
    Something is wrong.
    This is something.
    Therefore this is wrong.

I think the more immediate problem with Sather is that it's totally obscure.
I'd never heard of it. I'd never read any articles about it. It has no
publicity. If people haven't heard of it, it'll remain unpopular.

Iters or no iters.

--
<yrlnry> I think the real problem here is that he is a university CS
professor and therefore knows very little about programming in the real