Edward Peschko wrote:
> > As to what the combined
> >
> >     $bar[$foo]
> >
> > would mean: that depends on what $bar contains.
> >

> I like visual clues to tell me
> what type of variable
> something is. And I disagree strongly with trying to
> steamroller the language's
> design paper-flat as much as I disagree with unnecessary
> ornamentation.
>
> So I'll take my '{}', thank you very much....

But you are assuming thre are only 2 types of indexing scheme for
collections to which $bar might be a reference. In the OO world, I can
define all sorts of wierd things, some of which may be useful. Am I forced
to write $bar.index($foo) for anything other than hashes and arrays?

Dave.
--
Dave Whipp, Senior Verification Engineer,
Fast-Chip inc., 950 Kifer Rd, Sunnyvale, CA. 94086