[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
: Graham wrote:
:
:    > On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 10:36:59PM -0400, John Siracusa wrote:
:    > > > print keys $foo.prop;           # prints "NumberHeard"
:    > > > print values $foo.prop;         # prints "loneliestever"
:    >
:    > This is an example of one of my concerns about namespace overlap
:    > with methods. What would happen if there was a method called prop ?
:    > Have we basically said that there cannot be a method called prop ?
:
: No, we have basically said that there cannot be a method called prop if you
: want to access the object's properties through its prop property.

That's part of why I named it "btw" in the first place.  The problem with
"prop" is it's not quite obscure enough.

I think it would be better if we stilled two curds with one bone.  We
can have a more obscure name, plus differentiate the prop tables at the
same time.  So how 'bout we have two methods, such as:

    $foo.variable_is
    $foo.value_is

Season to taste.

Larry