\%foo = \%bar is fine with me, it's the "is alias" I was a little worried
about.

Ilya

-----Original Message-----
From: David L. Nicol
To: Sterin, Ilya
Cc: 'Davíð Helgason '; '[EMAIL PROTECTED] '; 'John Porter '
Sent: 07/24/2001 5:45 PM
Subject: Re: aliasing a value [...]

"Sterin, Ilya" wrote:

> alias(%foo, %bar) is better IMO since it conforms to other functions
in
> perl.
> my %foo is alias = %bar;  #seems a little out of scope of the
language,
> unless more functionality is implemented in that way.
>
> Ilya

Is there a problem with the following?  Besides that it doesn't work
like I want it to?  Am I mistaken in believing that it is a clear,
concise and unambiguous way to request assignment of a symbol to
be an alias to another?

        my \%foo = \%bar;

(And besides that it extends p5 syntax instead of being apo2-compliant?)

--
                                           David Nicol 816.235.1187
"Hush!" said the little boy's mother.  But it was too late.  The