The Dragon Book is (AFAIK) still considered the definitive book on the
subject.  It's called that because it has (or at least, had, for the
edition that I bought) a red dragon on the cover.

The official title is:

Compilers : Principles, Techniques, and Tools
    by Alfred V. Aho, Ravi Sethi, Jeffrey D. Ullman (Contributor)
ISBN:  0201100886

You can get it from Fatbrain:

http://www1.fatbrain.com/asp/bookinfo/bookinfo.asp?theisbn=0201100886&vm=

Dave