This is Perl.  Why should it be like every other langage?  what happens to
innovation?

> adding additional comparison operators not found in any other language and
> identical to (and harder to type than!) existing operators is a really bad
> idea.

I don't see anything bad about, don't like it don't use it.  I can tell you
quite a few things I don't particularly like in Perl, but what I like is
more than one way of doing things, so I choose my preference.  I can't
recall a langage with unless() either, but sure help is exression writting
sometimes.

Ilya