On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 03:23:22PM +0200, Bart Lateur wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Oct 2001 19:48:13 -0400, Michael G Schwern wrote:
>
> >> What about zero.
> >
> >No problem in Perl 6.
> >
> >    my $foo = %hash{foo} // 'some default';
>
> And nobody will ever confuse this operator with the "comment till end of
> line" marker in C++, Java and Javascript, and many more I suppose.

Only people who are under the delusion that they're programming C++,
Java or Javascript instead of Perl.  But those people are already too
busy with Perl5, wondering what the funny looking /foo*/ comment is
all about. ;)

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl6 Quality Assurance     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       Kwalitee Is Job One