On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 07:57:01PM +0100, Piers Cawley wrote:
> > ::m2; # calls global subroutine main::m2
> > main::m2; # calls global subroutine main::m2
>
> This is looking more and more horrible Glenn.
I think we need to back off of unmarked subroutines becoming a method
call.  That one extra '.' in front isn't too much, is it?

I like the following, assumed to be within method m1:

..m2();    # call m2 the same way m1 was called, instance or class
$_.m2();   # same thing?  Does the class become the topic in a static method?
..class.m2: # call static m2 within m1's class, regardless of how m1 was called
m2()       # call subroutine m2 with no arguments, implied or otherwise

--
Mark J. REED    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>