From: "Damian Conway" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> while (my $res = $search->getnext) { ...}
>
> has a valid meaning in Perl 6. In fact, it's meaning in Perl 6 is far more
> reasonable than in Perl 5.

I don't think the new meaning makes sense at all. Essentially it's saying
"the statement gets run many times but the variable only gets declared
once".  It makes sense to declare a variable many times when it gets a
fresh, new block for each declaration, like when it's inside a loop, but to
use it in a statement that is run many times but declares the var only once
seems like it ought to throw a warning about declaring the same variable in
the same scope multiple times.

> use warnings 'P52P6';
>
> that would point out potential problems like this.

Cool idea.

-Miko