Trey Harris wrote at Wed, 03 Jul 2002 19:44:45 +0200:

> In a message dated Wed, 3 Jul 2002, Michael G Schwern writes:
>> Attributes
>>     Transcending mere objects and classes, Perl 6 introduces adverbs.
>
> <confused> Attributes are adjectives, not adverbs.  Aren't they?

Attributes describe the behaviour of sub routines, I think.
As a sub routine is a Doing word - a verb,
I would say an attribute can be an adverb.

Of course an attribute of a variable
is an adjective from this point of view :-)

I think it's a possible point of view as there are
many natural languages (e.g. German) that doesn't
care a lot about the differences of adverbs to adjectives.

Cheerio,
Janek