Chip Salzenberg wrote in perl.perl6.language :
> In (re?)examining the Apocalypses, I've found something that confuses me a
> bit.  A2 refers to C<MY> as a "pseudopackage" and says:
>
>     __LINE__   becomes   MY.line
>     __FILE__      "      MY.file

[...]
> With regard to C<MY>:
>
>    2. What are "line" and "file"?  Properties?  Class variables?
>       (Probably not class variables since C<MY> is not called a class.)

That's the implementation problem ;-)
In perl 5, __LINE__, __FILE__ and __PACKAGE__ are replaced at
compile-time (in fact, at tokenizing-time) by the appropriate constants.
The question is : to which kind of bytecode MY.file (etc.) get compiled ?

--
Rafael Garcia-Suarez : http://use.perl.org/~rafael/