On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 08:53:51AM -0400, Trey Harris wrote:
> You've often asked this list, "will doing X in a module be possible?"
> Consider the things that Damian's already done with modules in Perl 5.  I
> think Damian's involvement in Perl 6 if nothing else will insure that, no
> matter what X stands for, the answer will be "yes." :-)
>
> Trey
>
> (With the possible exception of modules that disobey the laws of physics,
> but I'm not putting anything past Larry... no strict 'physics' ;)

Yay!

$ cat infinite_compression.pl
#!/usr/local/bin/perl6
use strict;     # Hopefully this triggers the p5 to p6 convertor.
use warnings;
no strict 'physics';
use Compress::SnakeOil;

while my $infile (@ARGV) {
  my $outfile = "$infile.inf";
  compress_file (infile => $infile, outfile => $outfile, level => "Infinite");
  die "Problem compressing $infile to $outfile" unless -z $outfile;
}
__END__

I do hope that works. :-)

Nicholas Clark