In a message dated Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Buddha Buck writes:
> I suspect that, if it makes sense to say
>
> $foo = &$date.method;
>
> then it would also make sense to say
>
> $date .= $foo;
>
> as well.

Interesting, that first line
  $foo = &$date.method;

I need a bit of a refresher here, as my searches of the archives have
turned up blank.  Ampersand replaces P5 C<\&> in taking a reference to a
subroutine or method?  And ampersand is no longer used to call a
subroutine, in any context?  So:

$foo = &$date.method();

Would call $date.method, and return a reference to (a reference to) the
subroutine returned by Date::method()?

I have a feeling that, as much nicer as Perl 6 references will be compared
to the Perl 5 punctuation-salad, it will take a long time to do it
automatically.  It'll feel like grabbing for the stick-shift and clutch
that aren't there when you're driving an automatic....

Trey