> Damian Conway wrote:
> >>And is the is/but distinction still around?
> >
> >Oh, yes.
>
> Could someone please reference where this decision was
> made.  I do not find any information describing the distinction.

The following May 2001 post was related. Poke around the
thread it was in, especially posts by Larry or Damian:

    http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg07604.html

----

Btw, I've created a tiny url for using google groups to search
for posts by Larry or Damian in perl 6 lists since early May
2002 (google doesn't have archives prior to then :<).

    http://tinyurl.com/1ce0

(Some posts similar to those shown will have been filtered
out; you can fix that by going to the last page and clicking
the 'repeat the search with the omitted results included' link).

--
ralph