On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 06:26:31PM -0400, Trey Harris wrote:
> > But what does it mean to be "stronger"?  How does Eiffel figure out if
> > a given precondition is "stronger" or "weaker" than another?
>
> Like I said before, boolean logic.  Preconditions are OR'd together
> (starting with the deepest subclass and working back to the most ancestral
> class, in order to short-circuit most effectively), postconditions are
> AND'd together (in the opposite order, same reason).

I can see too many problems with that technique, I think one was
already mentioned where subclasses can unintentionally weaken
preconditions to the point of eliminating them.  I'm sort of casting
about looking for another way.

--
Michael G Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl Quality Assurance     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       Kwalitee Is Job One