On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Joe Gottman wrote:
:     Apocalypse 4 mentions unary '?' . Since this is used to force boolean
:  context, I would assume that it has the same precedence as unary '+' and
:  '_' which force numeric and string context respectively.  By the way, has
:  anyone come up with a use for binary '?' yet?

More likely to be a postfix operator.  Maybe it even means the same thing:

    if ?foo() {...}
    if foo()? {...}

I've always wondered what the ! postfix operator means.  The mathematicians
think they know.   :-)

There's this basic rule that says you can't have an operator for both binary
and postfix, since it's expecting an operator in either case, rather than a
term (which is how we recognize prefix operators).  The one exception I can
think of is that we might allow .. as a postfix operator, but only if followed
by a right bracket.  That would let us say

    @a[0..]

rather than

    @a[0..Inf]

But that's a special case.