Damian Conway writes:
> My personal favorite solution is to use square brackets (for their dual
> array and indexing connotations, and because they highlight the operator
> so nicely):
>
>       $count = @a + @b;
>       @sums  = @a [+] @b;

Mmm, yummy.  I do have a question though (and apologies if I've merely
missed the answer).  We've got two productive operation-formation rules: one
saying "add a final = to operate-and-assign", and the other saying "wrap in
[] to vectorise".  But no-one's said which order they apply in.  That is,
which of these should I type:

Of course, the rule ordering didn't matter with the "add a leading ^ to
hype" rule.

I think I prefer the first one, by the way -- it strikes me as more
obviously a vector add.

--
Aaron Crane * GBdirect Ltd.
http://training.gbdirect.co.uk/courses/perl/