Larry Wall wrote:

... I can see ways of binding properties
to a location without growing the location itself, but I think stuffing
a junction of ints into a single location is somewhat problematical.

We are still talking about native types - these with lowercase names in the docs? Why should they have runtime properties? (E2/A2 state, they have none)

... As for
undef, it *could* just be a property, but for efficiency it would be
nice to represent it in-band for those types that can so represent it,
and it ought to be possible to tell the million bit array whether or
not it is willing to store undef properties off to the side.  We can argue
whether the default should be yes or no...

Adding properties to individual C<bit>s is a PITA as well as appending extra information, e.g undef. A C<BIT> array could start as a packed array of bits, adding runtime properties would promote this array to an array of PMCs, i.e. objects, which handle these properties.

Larry
leo