Damian Conway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Piers Cawley wrote:
>
> [Speculations elided]
>
>> Which is somewhat dependent on being able to do C<class is $class>.
>
> Which you can't do, since C<is> is compile-time.

So, how would one create a class which inherits from some other class
when you don't know what said other class is until runtime? Does this work:

    class {
      push @ISA, $class;

Admittedly it's not something you'd want to do often (though I have
done something like it several times in Perl 5...), but it's really
handy to be able to.

--
Piers

   "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a language in
    possession of a rich syntax must be in need of a rewrite."
         -- Jane Austen?