Michael Lazzaro wrote:

> I would still like to be able to do things in Perl6 like:
>
>      @out = sort map {...} grep { ... } @in;    # [1]
>
> The only encompassing solution would seem to be to find a grammar rule
> by which map,grep,etc are unambiguously methods of Array, but can
> still be called in a fashion similar to [1].  That would, I suspect,
> satisfy everyone.

What if the thing being C<sort>ed (or whatever) is not an array but a
list?

  @out = sort $scalar, @array, result_of_calling_function($param);

Would the list have to be stored in an array before it could be sorted?

That doesn't sound very nice ...

  @out = [$scalar, @array, result_of_calling_function($param)].sort;

I think I'm in favour of things that operate on an arbitrary lists
remaining functions rather than becoming methods.

Smylers