At 1:10 PM +0000 1/6/03, Piers Cawley wrote:
Dan Sugalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
 An object is a data type, as much as an array or hash is a data type,
 but that doesn't make an array an object. [insert obligatory "all men
 are Socratese" quote here)
I really hope you're wrong here Dan. At least in that particular
case. Being able to inherit from Array or Hash or whatever as a
neater way of implementing, say, Tie semantics would be remarkably useful...
Well, you'll certainly be able to use delegation to get in the way if nothing else. Beyond that I'm not sure, but anything that's not based on the parrot Object PMC (which we've not quite yet defined) won't necessarily be directly inheritable from.

Doesn't mean you won't be able to build your own custom PMC types based on existing PMC types, but I'm not really sure I'd consider that OO or inheritance as such.
--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk