<HUGE chungs of stuff cut>

>      my     Set of Apple  $a;
>      my  Basket of Fruit  $b;
>
> and a generic assignment:
>
>      $c = $a;
>      $c = $b;
>
> Now we can fill in your list (which is somewhat expanded):

        Assignment                    OK?    Because...
        ======================        ===    ===============================
        my Basket $c = $a             no     $c's type:  Basket (of Object)
                                                           X          ^
                                                           |          |
                                             $a's type:   Set  of   Apple
        my Basket of Apple $c = $a    ok     $c's type:  Basket of Apple
                                                           ^         ^
                                                           |         |
                                             $a's type:  Basket of Apple

Now, just to be sure I didn't miss a step:

That second entry is wrong, sin't it?  it should be OK? no b/c:

C's Type : Basket of Apple
              X        ^
A's Type :   Set  of Apple

yes?

(I'm trying to make sure I didn't miss a majikal mystery conversion step
that seems contradictory but somehow exists anyway :o)

--attriel