At 7:30 AM +0000 1/24/03, Piers Cawley wrote:
In my quest to eliminate as many explicit conditionals from my code as
possible, I found myself wondering if Perl 6's multidispatch mechanism
would allow one to write:
Okay, I think I remembered the problem. Assume the following:

   list bar(int);   # bar takes an int, returns a list
   scalar bar(int); # bar takes an int, returns a scalar

and also assume the following:

   xyzzy(scalar); # xyzzy takes a scalar
   xyzzy(list);   # xyzzy takes a list

and then we make the call: