Miko O'Sullivan wrote:

> The idea of discussion summaries has been well received, ...

I read this thread over the past couple of days.  It's only today that,
having thought about it, an objection occurred to me.  I've no problem
with people summarizing threads, but with this bit:

> The summaries will be located at http://www.idocs.com/perl6/

Why?

I read the Perl 6 language list with a news-reader, which conveniently
shows new articles when it's run.  People subscribed to read this by
e-mail get similar service.  I don't want to have to remember to check a
webpage on a regular basis just to see if anything new has cropped up
there.

Couldn't thread summaries just be sent to this list?  Piers would almost
certainly link to them in his weekly summaries -- he has done previously
when people, most notably MikeL, have posted ad hoc summaries of
particular topics.

So Damian, and anybody else who doesn't read every message but still
follows Piers's excellent updates, would still have thread summaries
drawn to his attention and be able to read them.

Smylers