David Storrs wrote:

Folks, give us your address (or a PO box, or something), where we can
send checks.  The checks won't be tax deductible, but are we really
doing this for the tax deduction?

Sorry for the delay in replying. It isn't lack of appreciation; it's lack of tuits (I was a little busy getting Synopsis 6 written this week).

The design team really *do* appreciate the support that this offer and others like it represent. It means a great deal to us that you believe in the work we are doing strongly enough to throw money. :-)

We certainly *could* set up some alternate donation mechanism for the Perl 6 team, but we'd really rather work through TPF. That's what it's there for -- to remove the administrative load of handling donations, etc.

The problem is that it doesn't seem to be doing its job just at the moment, either in terms of finding funding, or channeling it back to the appropriate people, or even listening to the community as to who the appropriate people are.

But before we look at by-passing TPF, I'd like to take one more shot at bestirring them to action. If that fails to produce a useful result, then we will definitely look at finding another mechanism to funnel your generosity to those who can best make use of it to benefit Perl.

Damian