[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Luke Palmer) writes:
> I don't know what the "official" (this week) policy is, but I
> think it's a bad idea for references to auto-dereference.

keys %$hash_r would bore me compared to keys $hash_r, since 'keys' can
easily know that it wants a hash; in fact, I thought that autodereferencing
of references in this way was something that was guaranteed from early on.
I seem to remember hacking it into the Perl 6 emulator, as was..

--
"The bad reputation UNIX has gotten is totally undeserved, laid on by people
 who don't understand, who have not gotten in there and tried anything."