> Damian Conway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >Hence, making C<%_> mean something different in core Perl 5 might possibly be
> >"forwards incompatible".

Representing the Backwards Compatiblity Police, I've had co-workers use
%_ as the globalist of all global hashes.  %_ transends all packages and
scopes and Perl does not localize it, touch it or use it as it does @_ and
$_.  In the particular case I'm thinking of, it was used to hold global
arguments for function calls in a template system.  Rather insane, really.
Lots of better ways to do it and clearly making use of an undefined
language feature.

I'm not making an argument against %_, just noting that *_ is used
opportunisticly and you will break a few programs.

--
It's Crack Cocaine time!