Alex Burr writes:
> In theory you could write one as a perl6 macro, although it would be
> more convenient if there was someway of obtaining the syntax tree of a
> previously defined function other than quoting it (unless I've missed
> that?).

There is a large class of cool optimizations possible when you combine
notifications with storing the syntax tree at runtime, so I think it
will be possible to get the syntax tree of a previously defined
function.  Probably just a method on Code objects.

> But I confidently predict that no-one with write a useful
> partial evaluator for perl6. The language is simply too big.

Then again, there are some very talented people with a lot of free time
in the Perl community; I wouldn't count it out.

Luke