Did I miss something with IS and OF?

That is, I think:

  C<is> means storage type, while C<of> means trait or class:

  my @a is Herd of Cat;

declares a Herd (presumably a base class of some collection type) with the trait that,
in this case, members will be of Class Cat.

Did this change when I wasn't looking?

>     - role
>       A collection of methods to be incorporated into a class sans
>         inheritance (and maybe some other stuff, too).  Used with C<does>.

No comment, since this is still hovering (see Larry's reply).

> So for example:
>
>     class Dog
>         does Boolean                # role
>         is extended                 # trait
>         is Mammal                   # [1]

The only difference I can see here between C<does Boolean> and C<is extended> would be
the declaration of Boolean or extended (unless C<is> can only be used with built-in
traits, which seems unnecessarily restrictive...)

>     {
>         has $.tail;                 # attribute
>         has @.legs;                 # attribute
>     }
>
>     my $fido = Dog.new
>                 but false;          # property
>
> Hope that clears things up.
>
> Luke
>
> [1] This is a base class, which is an overloaded use of C<is>.  Though,
> upon A12 release, we'll probably find out that it's not overloaded but
> instead, elegantly unified, somehow.

Thanks for bringing this out.

=Austin