(re-post. for some reason the alias didn't work.)

Larry Wall skribis 2004-04-23  8:24 (-0700):
> On the third hand, maybe we should go for $obj._meta_ or some such.

I don't like _foo_ names. Once you shart having things with underscores,
it's only a matter of time before someone decides that _foo, foo_, _foo,
__foo, ___foo, and __foo__ should all have something specific to say
about what the foo is.

__LINE__, __PACKAGE__, etcetera are fine with me (although I do use
CLASS.pm to be able to type CLASS and get something that often eq
__PACKAGE__), but I wouldn't like other uses of underscores for
important things in the core language.

> On the sixth hand, by that argument, since .dispatcher is aiming at
> a Class, it should be an uppercase C<>.   :-)

Doesn't unicode have that, then? :)

Juerd