On Sun, 27 Jun 2004, Luke Palmer wrote:

> Alexey Trofimenko writes:
> > AFAIR, I've seen in some Apocalypse that lexical scope boundaries will be
> > the same as  boundaries of block, in which lexical variable was defined.
>
> Yep.  Except in the case of routine parameters, but that's nothing new.

(This may be a bit tangential, but it still concerns scope...)

I am reminded of a strange case I came across in perl5, and I wondered how
perl6 would behave for the following:

  $b = 'a';
  my $b ='b' , print "$b\n";
  print "$b\n";

In perl5, this prints:

Which seems to show that the "my $b" doesn't actually come into scope
until the end of the statement in which it is defined.  Is that correct?
and what will perl6 do?

I know an obvious answer is "don't do that", which is what I had to (not)
do, but this is a greatly simplified version of some generated code.

~ John Williams