On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 12:44:09PM +0200, Michele Dondi wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Jul 2004, Larry Wall wrote:
>
> > This particular modeful behavior is easily handled by most current
> > editors.  You have to be able to treat the insides of strings different
> > from the outsides.  That being said, there are plenty of other things
> > in Perl 6 already that will drive editors nuts.  This just isn't one
> > of them.
>
> Also, "only perl can parse Perl", and I don't think this will change with
> Perl6

I think it will.  Or the definition of "perl" will change slightly.

I think Perl6 will have sufficient hooks such that other languages
(or editors) will have complete access to perl's parsing ability via a
library (for instance.  maybe it's via some other mechanism) such
that anything could parse perl if it knows how to ask.  :-)

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
[EMAIL PROTECTED]