Richard Proctor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> Conflict with "last LOOP"?  Hm, the context should be enough to
>> distinguish them, no?  (Hey, maybe they can be unified somehow --
>> "last -1" to skip to the penultimate pass through the loop?  =P)
>
> That could be generalised, "next +1" skipping next iteration, "next
> -1" "redo" this iteration, "first" redo the iteration from the
> beginning etc.

Ah, so then we could do stuff like this:

for (10 .. 1000 :by(10)) {
 given { # I imagine the topic will be picked up here automagically.
   when 10 { do_something(); }
   when 20 { do_something_else(); }
 next +(10 * (int rand(100) - 50))
}

Any sufficiently advanced technology can be used for evil :-)

split//,"[EMAIL PROTECTED]/ --";$\=$ ;-> ();print$/