Larry Wall wrote:
On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 10:37:39PM +0100, Juerd wrote:
: Larry Wall skribis 2004-11-06 13:32 (-0800):
: > Easy, just one of
: > my $named := anonymous();
: > my @named := anonymous();
: > my %named := anonymous();
: > my &named := anonymous();
: > my ::named := anonymous();
: : That's a lexical name. Are they used in error messages? (Can they be?)

Generally not, unless we make aliasing smart enough to latch onto the
first name and add it as a property to the anonymous object if it doesn't
already have one.

It would seem, then, that the answer is "there's some property of thingies that gives the name that error messages will use to refer to them". (I want to thank the man who made "thingy" the proper technical term, BTW.) So what's it called?

-=- James Mastros