Juerd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > but talking about oneliners and short shell-like scripts, where `` is
> > pretty useful.. hm.. things good for oneliners are rarely as good for
> > larger programs, and vice versa. Of course, Perl5 proves opposite, but
> > Perl6 tends to be a little more verbose, and even in Perl5 we use quite
> > different "toolbox" and style for mentioned above. Why not to make an
> > average sized module of various "shortcut" grammars, with a very short
> > name ("x", f.e.), with defaults to export :all, so we could just do
> >   perl -Mx -e 'print `echo this is a perl5qx`'
>
> For oneliners, I think I'd appreciate using -o for that. The module
> itself can be Perl::OneLiner.

module e {
    module *::Main {
    # Or whatever we'd need to do to switch to the top-level Main
        close $*CODE;    # if there is such a thing
        no strict;
        no warnings;
        my macro circumfix:<<` `>> (String $cmd)
            is parsed(/ <[^`\\]>* [ \\ . <[^`\\]>*: ] * /) {
            { run :capture $cmd }
        }
        use File::Copy qw(mv cp);
        # I do hope we get something better than #line.
        eval "#line 1 '-me'\n" ~ @ARGS.shift;

perl -me 'say "This is my one-liner!"'

One-liners with no specific support in the core--and it's different
from Perl 5, so we can detect old one-liners.  How's that for
orthagonal?

--
Brent 'Dax' Royal-Gordon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Perl and Parrot hacker

"I might be an idiot, but not a stupid one."
    --c.l.p.misc (name omitted to protect the foolish)