Larry Wall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Speaking of "at the moment", I just now updated the Synopses at
> dev.perl.org.

The new S2 says:
# Heredocs are no longer written with <<, but with an adverb on any other
# quote construct:
#
#     print qq:to/END/
#         Give $amount to the man behind curtain number $curtain.
#         END

Does "any other quote construct" include rx//?  I've wanted that for a
while in Perl 5 (although with anonymous rules, I suppose it's no
longer that important...).

# In order to interpolate an entire hash, it's necessary to subscript with
# empty braces or angles:
#
#    print "The associations are:\n%bar{}"
#    print "The associations are:\n%bar<>"

Am I to assume you can use empty French/Texas quotes, too?  (i.e.
%bar«» or %bar<<>>).

This paragraph also made me realize: am I the only one who foresees
somebody doing this?

    $OUT.printf("We produced <b>%d</b> somoflanges this month!\n", $content);

(Granted, the fix is trivial--just replace the double-quotes with
single-quotes, or add some of that optional spacing HTML lets you
splatter around--but it seems like an easy mistake to make.)

Finally, I noticed that the "Files" section only talks about iterating
over all lines.  Do you have a decision on single-line reads yet?

[And a note to the editors of dev.perl.org: can we get tables of
contents on these documents?  While it's nice to exercise Firefox's
slick find-in-page interface so much on, say, Apocalypse 12, it'd be
more convenient to just have a TOC.]

--
Brent 'Dax' Royal-Gordon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Perl and Parrot hacker

"I might be an idiot, but not a stupid one."
    --c.l.p.misc (name omitted to protect the foolish)