Matt Fowles wrote:
Perl 6 Summary for 2004-12-20 through 2005-01-03
    All~

    Welcome to a New Year of Perl 6 Summaries. I have been doing bi-weekly
    summaries over the holiday season, but I plan on returning to weekly
    ones now. Hopefully "World of Warcraft" won't prevent me, we shall see,
    but if anyone starts a perl guild drop me a line ;-)

  Perl 6 Language
   Perl IDE
    matisse wondered if an IDE for Perl would be possible given its dynamic
    nature. The conses arrived at last time was that an IDE that worked for
    "nice" code would be possible, but a fully general one would be
    extremely difficult and quite possibly impossible.

<http://xrl.us/ekks>

Strange, I can't see this message at all using nntp.perl.org... or any replies to it at the google groups address that tinyurl points to.

I thought I'de throw in that the very very distant "sparkle in my eye" for PPI is to build something for perl similar to IntelliJ IDEA.

If the PPI-like mode of the perl 6 parser happens (don't touch anything outside the file) then I don't see why it can't be done, at lease in some form.

Adam Kennedy