Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

RHS distributes first. So the expansion is this instead...

Ummm, okay, but that's not what I interpreted from S09, where
it says that the "left-most" conjunction or injunction is
autothreaded first. In this I've also assumed that

$a == $b

is equivalent to

&infix:<==>($a, $b)

so I'm missing the piece that says to distribute the RHS first.

Probably because that piece is still only in my head.

Or because I got that bit of S09 wrong.

Or because Larry or Luke overrode me on it and I haven't updated my Perl6::Junctions module accordingly.

;-)

So forget what I said, and go with what Patrick said. Since it's easy to argue the outcome of these corner cases either way (depending on how you backtranslate them to English), it will be best to make the rules consistent (i.e. left-most first for both functions and operators).

Apologies all...and thanks Patrick.

Damian