Luke Palmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think we should replace our multimethod system with a more general
> pattern matcher, a "variadic multimethod" system of sorts.  Multimethods
> need to be variadic anyway, because we want pugs's quicksort example to
> work.

I'd not say replace. The dispatcher will very likely be a Parrot PMC.
The default dispatcher dispatches on types, matching variadic signatures
should be possible too.

All infix operators are multi subs. I can't imagine that we want to pay
the penalty for simple operations like:

  $a = $b + $c

to inspect the values of operands, constraints, rules and what not.

[ dispatching on rules ]

If the involved types need a more fancy dispatcher, their meta-class
should say so.

> Luke

leo