On 17/03/05 00:49 -0500, Aaron Sherman wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 13:42 -0800, Brian Ingerson wrote:
>
> Well, look over AJS Kwid, and see what you think. The bullet syntax you
> give could work fine as a replacement for what I demonstrate, but I
> think everything else is pretty much 1:1. Now it's just a matter of: do
> you make it Wikiish or PODish?

Aaron,

I think AJS Kwid is fine if it fits your brain. It doesn't fit mine in
much the same way that Kwid doesn't fit yours, in much the same way that
Pod doesn't quite fit either of ours.

The interesting thing to me is that all 3 syntaxes map over the same
data model and thus are easily interchangable. The other interesting
thing is that all three could be supported without affecting the Perl5
or Perl6 syntax proper.

Sam "mugwump" Vilain refers to each of these syntaxes as /Pod dialects/.
He is working on more formally defining the common model or "AST" that
these dialects map to.

Given that, I am going to continue working on the Kwid dialect and
developing the Kwid tools I have started. The ideas in AJS Kwid seem too
different to incorporate without muddying the Kwid vision. I encourage
you work on the AJS Kwid dialect too. I would guess that the Kwid tools
I'm working on, when completed, could be easily adapted to AJS Kwid.

Cheers, Brian

PS All my work thus far is available in the pugs repository.