On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 03:46:03PM +0200, Juerd wrote:

> Yes, if it is done, people are indeed involved, but if we all agree that
> something must happen, that's not terribly relevant. And before we can
            ^^^^

That's another dangerous word.

> If stuff is only happening because people care about it, then my
> approach should be to try and make people care, and a mailing list like
> this is a perfect medium for that.

This I agree with completely. It's the right way to go about things, as
you're not able to do them in person.

It's just dangerous words such as "should" and "must" that I don't like,
because they start to sound like they're imposing obligations on
volunteers. Maybe I'm jaded, but if you read enough feedback about Perl 5
it seems that there are an awful lot of people in the world using it who
seem to expect rather a lot for nothing. I'd just like people to be careful
in their choice of words when suggesting things.

Nicholas Clark