On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 14:38, Luke Palmer wrote:

> There's still a lot of premature optimization going on [...]
> I'm surely guilty of one of them.  I feel like the autothreading
> semantics of junctions will be way to expensive without the compiler
> knowing whether there a junction in a particular variable.

Well, more to the point, autothreading of junctions will hit the wall of
Parrot duping the interpreter. That's probably not something you want to
suffer just to resolve a junction, is it?

I suppose it depends on how snarled the junction is....

--
Aaron Sherman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Senior Systems Engineer and Toolsmith