Larry Wall skribis 2005-05-03  6:22 (-0700):
>     sub foo (Int&Str &block) {...}
>     sub foo (:(Int&Str) &block) {...}
> Alternately, we install a small heuristic and document it in the fine print.

I personally would not mind requiring whitespace around & in those
cases.

If parens are used for the grouping, then why is the colon required?

> The "use" ambiguity might easily be resolved by saying that "use"
> always parses using indirect object syntax, which would distinguish
>     use strict & warnings;
> from
>     use strict: &warnings;

I thought whitespace after the sigil was no longer allowed? That
certainly fits in the sigil-is-part-of-the-name-thing.

Juerd