On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 01:15:23AM +0800, Autrijus Tang wrote:
: On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 10:09:16AM -0700, Larry Wall wrote:
: > In other words, you could desugar
: >
: >     sub foo ($a = 1) {...}
: >
: >
: >     sub foo ($a) {
: >     $a = 1 unless exists $a;
: >     ...
: >     }
:
: I like this.  Can we go for it, at least for this week? :)

Sure.  Though it probably also wants to stay as metadata associated
with the signature, since part of the reason for putting it in
the signature in the first place is so that optimizers can install
constants on the caller end, at least for ordinary sub calls.  Also,
desugaring a predeclaration would tend to cloak the yadae at the end,
but maybe that's not a problem unless you use the presence of bare
yadae in the body to suppress redefinition warnings.

Larry